Sunday, April 29, 2012

Monthly Mission Card-Distressed Embossing

     I finally finished a card for our Monthly Mission Cardmaking group. Only 2 to go.  This is a little different from my usual, but a lot more messy.LOL. This card was made using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and Distress inks. I took my Crushed Olive distress ink pad and ran it over my flat sided embossing folder. I then put it through my cuttlebug. The raised areas stayed cream at this point. I then took my tea dye ink and dauber and run it over the raised areas. Then, i took Vintage photo and my dauber to go over the edges of the cardstock and over the tea dyed raised areas again slightly. I did all of this on Cryogen white cardstock that i had bought at Paper Temptress. This cardstock has a little built in shimmer.
     Other accessories included: Half Pearls, Spellbinders die, Stampin'up sentiment, Wedding confetti flowers, Martha Stewart leaves border punch, Raffia painted with Lettuce paint dauber by Tim Holtz. That's it! Sweet and Simple! I think that it looks better in person then the picture.


Challenges

Craftymess Distress and Embossing
Bloggers Challenge Create your own Background paper
Fat Page Anything/1 layer
The Stamp Man Shabby/Distressed
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Anything with Flowers
Fab 'n' Funky #118 No DP

Thanks for dropping by!

7 comments:

  1. Love all the distressed bits on this......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the distressing, lovely sentiment, thank you for joining us this fortnight at Fat Pages With Attitude xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is really different. Love your idea to put the ink straight onto the folder. Great result. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you can make it again soon.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is really pretty x Thanks for joining in with us at the Craftymess challenge blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sentiment and the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at blogger's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The inked cuttlebug folder looks wonderful! Love all the added die cut embellies! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for joining the challenge over at craftmess blog http://craftymesschallengeblog.blogspot.com
    What a lovely card. SImply stunning.
    Well done and I look forward to seeing more of your entries to the challenges.
    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete